Prince of Wales Theatre – The Book of Mormon London
Looking for a hilarious night out in London’s West End? Get your Book of Mormon London tickets today and see the Tony Award-winning musical at the Prince of Wales Theatre in London
The Book of Mormon musical in London has been playing to packed houses at the Prince of Wales Theatre since 2013. This outrageous comedy from the creators of South Park follows two Mormon missionaries as they travel to Uganda to spread the word of their faith.
With catchy tunes like “Hello,” “I Believe,” and “Man Up,” The Book of Mormon cleverly satirises organised religion while retaining a heartfelt message about hope and faith. It’s no wonder it has won over 30 awards including four Olivier Awards for Best New Musical, Best Actor, Best Performance, and Sound Design.
Don’t miss your chance to get The Book of Mormon tickets at Prince of Wales Theatre London and see this hysterical musical sensation on its open-ended West End run.
The Book of Mormon London Performance Schedule
The Book of Mormon plays the following schedule at the Prince of Wales Theatre:
– Monday – Saturday: 7:30 pm
– Friday & Saturday: 2:30 pm matinee
With a total running time of 2 hours 20 minutes including a 15-minute interval, it makes for a great night out at the Prince of Wales Theatre.
Book your The Book of Mormon – London – Prince of Wales Theatre tickets today and prepare for an evening of outrageous fun! This popular show often sells out in advance, so secure your seats early.
Please note the production contains adult themes, language, and strobe lighting effects. Latecomers may not be admitted, so plan to arrive early. Learn more about theatre policies before your show for a smooth experience.
FAQs: The Book of Mormon London Musical playing at the Prince of Wales Theatre
1. What is The Book of Mormon musical about?
It’s a satirical comedy that follows two Mormon missionaries sent to Uganda to spread the Mormon religion. It pokes fun at organised religion and features parody songs.
2. How long has it been running at the Prince of Wales Theatre?
The Book of Mormon London opened at the Prince of Wales Theatre in 2013 and is currently booking until February 2024, making it one of London’s longest-running musicals.
3. Who wrote the music, lyrics and book for The Book of Mormon?
The Book of Mormon was created by the writers of the hit animated series South Park – Trey Parker, Matt Stone and Robert Lopez.
4. What are some of the musical numbers in the London production?
Songs include “Hello!”, “Two by Two”, “I Believe”, “Man Up” and “I Am Africa”.
5. What is the Book of Mormon’s age recommendation?
The Book of Mormon has an age recommendation of 12+ due to explicit language and content. Those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
6. How long is the show including intervals?
It runs approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes including a 15-minute interval.
7. Are tickets easy to get for The Book of Mormon London?
The show is very popular and often sells out. Booking tickets 1-2 months in advance is recommended.
8. Where is the best place to buy tickets?
Directly through the theatre’s official website or box office is best. Ticket agents also sell legitimate tickets.
9. What are the stage door policies after the show?
Fans can wait at the stage door on Suffolk Street to meet cast members after the performance.
10. How do I get a discount or lottery tickets?
A lottery for day seats takes place at the theatre 2.5 hours before each show. ID is required for lottery entries.
11. Does the show have an intermission?
Yes, there is a 15-minute intermission about halfway through the performance.
12. What COVID safety measures are in place?
Masks are optional and the theatre is regularly disinfected. Check the website for the latest safety requirements.
13. Is there an age limit for attending on your own?
Yes, those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+ when attending this show.
14. Are snacks and drinks allowed inside the theatre?
No outside food and drink is permitted. Bars are available inside for purchase.
15. How do I get to the Prince of Wales Theatre by tube?
The nearest tube stations are Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo & Piccadilly lines) and Leicester Square (Northern & Piccadilly).
16. Are bags and backpacks allowed inside?
Only small bags under 12” x 12” x 6” are permitted inside the theatre for security reasons.
17. Is wheelchair access available?
Yes, the theatre has wheelchair areas in the Stalls and Dress Circle. Call the box office ahead to book accessible seats.
18. Can children under 3 years old attend?
No, children under the age of 3 are not permitted in the theatre for this production.
19. Are there special effects like strobe lights?
Yes, strobe lighting and haze effects are used at certain points in the performance.
20. Is photography or recording allowed during the show?
No, video, audio or photo recording is strictly prohibited inside the theatre.