Lyceum Theatre London Tickets
Disney’s The Lion King London
The Lion King score, with songs by Elton John and Tim Rice, was complemented by Garth Fagan’s choreography, drawing from African ritual dance. Taymor worked with costume/puppet director Michael Curry to transform the actors into life-sized animal artworks through imaginative costume designs.
Now at the Lyceum Theatre London for more than a decade, Disney’s beloved animated film The Lion King has been brought to spectacular life on stage in London’s West End. This multi-award-winning musical has been delighting audiences at the Lyceum Theatre since 1999 with its imaginative storytelling, spellbinding costumes, and unforgettable music by Elton John and Tim Rice.
Set against the majesty of the Serengeti Plains and to the rhythms of Africa, The Lion King tells the powerful story of the epic adventures of Simba, the lion cub who is to succeed his father, Mufasa, as King. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother – and former heir to the throne – has plans of his own.
The battle for Pride Rock is soon ravaged by betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. But with help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba must figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.
Seeing The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre in London is an unmissable theatrical experience for audiences of all ages. The Lion King musical brings the African savannah to life on stage and requires an enormous cast of performers in masks and puppetry representing elephants, giraffes, birds and other animals.
The Lion King musical features many of the classic songs from the animated film such as “Circle of Life”, “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” and “Hakuna Matata” alongside exciting new compositions. Spectacular lighting, thrilling choreography and amazing special effects all contribute to the magic.
The Lyceum Theatre, located on Wellington Street near Covent Garden, is an ideal venue for this large-scale production with its grand interior and superb acoustics.
Don’t miss your chance to experience one of the most breathtaking musicals in London’s West End at the Lyceum Theatre. Let your imagination run wild as you embark on this extraordinary coming-of-age tale under the stars of the Serengeti Plains. Book your Lion King tickets today and prepare for a roaring good time.
IS THE LION KING WORTH WATCHING?
The Lion King Musical features over 232 puppets and 50 actors, as well as the beloved songs of the film. The multiple Olivier award-winning musical will transport you to the dazzling desert and will have you singing ‘I Just Can’t Wait to be King’ all the way home.
- The Lion King musical has one of the most well-known soundtracks in film and theatre history.
- Written by Elton John and Tim Rice, three of the film’s musical numbers were nominated for The Best Original Song Oscar, with ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’ eventually taking home the prize.
- Accompanied by an Oscar-winning thematic score from music maestro Hans Zimmer, the classic cartoon hit all the right notes, and The Lion King in London is no different!
- The musical expands on the movie with multiple exciting additions and changes to the plot.
- It has been performed nearly 9,000 times in the UK, and is the West End’s 8th longest-running show, and Broadway’s 4th!
- The Lion King musical in London requires 50 cast members plus an additional 100 people backstage to make each performance happen.
- It took director Julie Taymor and her team 37,000 hours to build the original puppets and masks.
- More than 110 million people have experienced the show worldwide.
- More than 40 musical instruments are used in the West End production. Some of the traditional African drums, such as the djun djun and djembe, can be traced back to the 13th century, to the very foundation of music
The Lion King musical is recommended for those aged 6 and up. Anyone aged 16 or under must be accompanied by an adult and may not sit on their own within the auditorium. Children under 3 years of age are not permitted to enter the Lyceum Theatre.
The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre contains smoke and fog effects as well as strobe lighting. All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
FAQ: How much is Lion King London?
The Lion King musical tickets are available to book throughout the year, with prices starting at £36. Book your tickets from The West End Shows.
The Lion King London Cast
- Scar – George Asprey
- Mufasa – Shaun Escoffery
- Rafiki – Thenjiwe Thendiva Nofemele
- Zazu – Gary Jordan
- Timon – Jamie McGregor
- Pumbaa – Mark Roper
- Simba – Owen Chaponda
- Nala – Merryl Ansah
- Shenzi – Rhiane Drummond
- Banzai – Jorell Coiffic-Kamall
- ED – Mark Tatham
- Young Simba – Emrys Zeph Adamah, Xavier Joshua Beharry, Theo Querico, Carmelo Ivan Seruw-Pedroso
- Young Nala – Mia-Nicole Alexander, Divine Cole, Isabelle Dawodu, Amber Koduah-Hutchison
The Lion King Creative Team
- Director, Costume Design, Mask/Puppet Co-Design, Additional Lyrics – Julie Taymor
- Music – Elton John
- Lyrics – Tim Rice
- Additional Music & Lyrics, Additional Vocal Score – Lebo M
- Additional Music & Lyrics, Additional Score – Mark Mancina
- Book – Roger Allers
- Book – Irene Mecchi
- Choreographer – Garth Fagan
The Lion King London Tickets
Booking your Lion King Musical tickets in advance is highly recommended as performances often sell out weeks in advance. The Lyceum Theatre has a seating capacity of 2,000 across its stalls, dress circle, upper circle and balcony levels. Ticket prices vary depending on date and seat location but average around £30-£190. Special offers are sometimes available including matinee, family and group discounts.
Lyceum Theatre London Tickets FAQs
1. How can I buy tickets for “The Lion King” at the Lyceum Theatre in London?
- You can purchase tickets for “The Lion King” at the Lyceum Theatre in London through various methods, including online ticketing websites, the official Lyceum Theatre website, over the phone, or in person at the theatre’s box office.
2. When is “The Lion King” playing at the Lyceum Theatre?
- The schedule for “The Lion King” performances at the Lyceum Theatre may vary. You can check the official Lyceum Theatre website or other authorised ticketing platforms for the most up-to-date information on showtimes and dates.
3. What is the price range for tickets to “The Lion King Musical” in London?
- Ticket prices for “The Lion King Musical” at the Lyceum Theatre can vary depending on factors such as seating location, date, and demand. It’s best to check the official website or contact the box office for current pricing and availability.
4. Are there discounts available for children, seniors, or groups?
- The Lyceum Theatre may offer discounts for children, seniors, and groups. These discounts can vary, so it’s advisable to inquire about specific discounts and eligibility when purchasing tickets.
5. Can I choose my seats when buying tickets online?
- Yes, when purchasing tickets online, you typically have the option to select your preferred seats from the available options. The seating chart will be displayed, allowing you to choose the seats that best suit your preferences and budget.
6. Is there a dress code for attending “The Lion King Musical” at the Lyceum Theatre?
- While there isn’t a strict dress code, many patrons choose to dress in smart-casual or formal attire when attending the theatre. However, it’s more important to be comfortable, so you can enjoy the show to the fullest.
Children over 3 will be admitted, but they must be able to sit in their own seats quietly throughout the performance. If they become restless, they may be asked to leave the auditorium.
Buy your cheap Lion King musical tickets online or call the Lyceum Theatre box office number.